HRRMC Respiratory Therapy
Caring Treatment from Trained Respiratory Therapists
The Cardiopulmonary Department at Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical
Center is staffed with highly skilled respiratory therapists. A respiratory
therapist is a medical professional specifically trained in treating conditions
related to asthma, pneumonia, cardiovascular disorders, lung disease, and more.
Our respiratory therapists help individuals with temporary or chronic respiratory
problems. Working together, they create personalized plans for patients
designed to help them breathe easier. They are on call 24/7 in case of
emergencies and to take care of inpatients.
A respiratory therapist may be required for the following:
- Perform emergency treatment on patients having trouble breathing
- Evaluate blood pressure and lung test results during exercise to guide treatment
- Perform diagnostic tests for heart or lung disease
- Manage breathing-assistance devices for patients having difficulty breathing
- Advise patients on exercises to improve their lung capacity
To contact the Cardiopulmonary Department, call (719) 530-2280. Hours are
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. A respiratory therapist is on call 24 hours a
day for emergencies and inpatients.