Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center Foundation is accepting applications
for its 2019 Dr.
William G. Mehos scholarship for $1,250 for graduating high school seniors
who reside in the hospital district.
Applicants must be:
*A senior attending a high school in Buena Vista, Cotopaxi or Salida.
*A resident of the Salida Hospital District. The boundary for Cotopaxi
applicants is the Salida side of Kerr Gulch Road.
*Attending college starting fall 2019 with a major/degree in the health-care field.
Applications must include the following:
- A completed application form
- One-page narrative outlining why the applicant desires to receive the scholarship award
- Narratives should be single-spaced, with at least 1-inch margins and 12-point font
- An outline of all extracurricular activities
- Two letters of recommendation from adults who are not related to the applicant
- Copy of high school transcript
- ACT or SAT scores
Application packets may be retrieved in the schools’ counseling offices
or by calling 719-530-2218.
Applications need to be mailed and postmarked by April 8. Applications
postmarked after this date will not be accepted.
For questions about the application process, contact Kimla Robinson at
email@example.com or 719-530-2218.