HRRMC Cardiopulmonary Services
Heart & Lung Treatments
Cardiopulmonary Services (CPS) are designed to help the heart and lungs
perform their jobs at maximum efficiency. The HRRMC Cardiopulmonary Department
is open for outpatients daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a cardiology
technician/respiratory therapist on call 24/7 for emergencies and inpatients.
We use cutting-edge scanning and diagnostic tools to find out exactly
how a patient’s system is functioning, and then create an appropriate
treatment plan if necessary.
Our knowledgeable staff members help patients manage heart and lung disease
through supervised exercise programs and education services. Individuals
who have recently suffered a heart attack or required heart surgery can
greatly benefit from cardiopulmonary services.
HRRMC’s state-of-the-art facility is equipped with advanced technology
that gives doctors a clear picture of a patient’s condition.
Our cardiology diagnostic tools include:
- Electrocardiograms (EKGs) - Scans for abnormal heart rates and sudden changes
in heart rhythms.
- Cardiac Stress Tests - Another form of EKG where a patient performs light
exercise on a treadmill while the doctor monitors stress on the heart.
- Echocardiogram - An ultrasound of the heart that evaluates heart valves,
blood flow, and circulation; also shows if the heart has become enlarged
as a result of a heart attack or smoking.
- Stress Echocardiogram - An echocardiogram taken after light treadmill exercise
used to diagnose the cause of pain or shortness of breath.
- Heart monitors - A monitor patients can wear outside of the hospital that
records heart rate and helps doctors find the cause of chest pain or shortness
Once a problem is diagnosed, a physician may recommend you attend our
Cardiac Rehab program. Here you will have help creating diet and exercises that address your
When a patient’s ability to breathe is hampered, their entire quality
of life suffers. Our pulmonary therapists administer tests and treatments
to help the lungs recover.
- Pulmonary Function Tests- Measures the lung capacity of asthma patients,
smokers, and patients suffering shortness of breath. Tests may include
a lung volume test and diffusion tests which measure how much oxygen is
absorbed by the lungs.
- Routine Nebulizer Treatments- Used for patients with asthma or emphysema,
this treatment dilates the bronchial tubes so more oxygen can reach the lungs.
- Croup Tents- Vaporizers that envelop the patient in oxygen and mist to
treat croup, bronchitis, or pneumonia.
- Mist Treatments- Administered to patients with pneumonia, asthma, chronic
bronchitis, emphysema, bronchial hygiene, cystic fibrosis, and patients
recovering from surgery. Loosens secretions and helps the patient breathe easier.
Other treatments for lung disease include enrollment in our
pulmonary rehab program or working with a
To download our brochure,
To schedule an appointment with HRRMC’s Cardiopulmonary Department,
please call (719) 530-2280.