HRRMC's Strategic Plan
Our Method for Maintaining High Healthcare Standards
Guided by our mission, vision, and values, the goals and strategies outlined
in this plan provide Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center with
a guide to deliver the highest quality patient care and customer service.
This strategic plan is the result of feedback from employees, physicians,
patients and families, hospital board members, business representatives
and members of the community.
The plan has measurable goals, and defined strategies and action steps
to reach them. Progress in achieving the goals outlined in the plan is
reviewed at the monthly hospital board meetings. Attendance of the meetings
is open to the public. Find out when the next one takes place by checking
our events calendar. Public feedback is welcome at the meetings, or you can email
If you would like more information about the strategic plan, contact Marketing
and Public Relations Director Marji Ackermann at
Our Goals & Strategies
Below you can review the goals of HRRMC and the strategies and/or action
steps used to achieve them.
Governance: Provide resources, training and support for the HRRMC Board
of Directors to effectively and efficiently excel in their responsibilities
of governance and stewardship.
- Offer Board of Directors education opportunities on their role and responsibilities
related to Board Governance
- Annual review of Board policies regarding the Board's and Leadership's
role with regard to mission, governance and operations
- Annual review of Board bylaws to incorporate changing regulations and better
coordinate with revised Medical Staff bylaws
- Review and update Board manual
Facilities Plan: Plan, maintain and develop facilities, equipment and infrastructure
to achieve a safe, comfortable and efficient environment of care.
- Complete Facility Master Plan
- Coordinate and oversee Phase 0 and Phase 1 of hospital expansion plans
- HRRMC's campus and property are well maintained and appealing
Human Resources Plan: Achieve organizational goals by recruiting, orienting,
developing and retaining highly engaged and accountable employees.
- Identify areas to improve employee retention, relations and recruitment
- Develop and implement action items to be put into Departmental Plans and
Executive Leadership Plan based on employee survey results to respond
to low-scoring areas of engagement
- Increase employee participation in the 457B retirement plan
- Provide leadership development for managers, supervisors, team leads and
- Compensate employees who have achieved certification from a nationally
- Ensure current health plan is financially viable and providing appropriate
level of benefits to employees
Physician/Provider Recruitment, Retention and Relations Plan: Achieve organizational
goals that meet community healthcare needs by recruiting, orienting, developing
and retaining highly engaged and accountable physicians and providers.
- Recruit additional specialists to augment current medical staff
- Improve physician onboarding through better communication and regular updates
- Streamline credentialing and payor enrollment process
Quality and Patient Safety Plan: Achieve patient, resident, client, visitor
and staff safety while providing high quality healthcare services through
continuous improvement process.
- Develop three-year plan to become accredited by The Joint Commission
- Continuous readiness for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) survey
- Institute Just Culture
Service Area Growth and Marketing Plan: Develop business growth strategies
and marketing plans to meet service area healthcare needs.
- Establish walk-in clinic care at HRRMC Buena Vista Health Center
- Expand access to medical services at HRRMC Buena Vista Health Center
- Expand gastrointestinal services
- Increase awareness of different specialists/service lines at HRRMC
- Broaden digital outreach to community
- Provide more timely options for ground transport for patients that are
- Introduce patient-friendly billing
Service Excellence Plan: Achieve a culture of service excellence as demonstrated
by measurable improvement in customer satisfaction across the organization.
- Conduct interdepartmental surveys to evaluate and improve quality of service
- Provide empathy training
- Increase Swing Bed utilization
Financial Productivity Plan: Achieve financial stability and efficiency
as an organization while fulfilling the responsibilities of stewardship
over community funds and integrity and transparency in business relationships.
- Ensure HRRMC is financially viable
- Establish a strategy to reduce HRRMC's supply, maintenance and equipment-purchasing costs
- Maintain a competitive cost structure for HRRMC services to minimize outmigration
due to cost
- Research joining CORHIO
- Improve Press Ganey patient billing scores
- Ensure timely and accurate Meaningful Use and PQRS/MACRA/MIPS reporting
- Ensure HRRMC computing devices and network infrastructure meet end-user needs
- Provide manager training on budget process and capital-request process